Sunday, September 2, 2012

Good Night and Big Balls...

You know you're watching WIPEOUT when you hear that phrase! You know you're actually on the set of WIPEOUT when those balls are in your face! I speak from experience! As most of you heard, I was a contestant on the show and it was one of the most excruciatingly fun days of my life!


All I can say is that my day on the set was the most fun, excruciating, painful, cold, and fantastic day of my life! The horn blew and the next thing I know,  I'm falling into the pit of cold and muddy water. Wait, the word "cold" is a huge understatement! That water is literally liquid ice and swimming in that for the first time is an experience I will never forget! Wipeout officially announced on their Facebook that the water is 40 degrees! I guessed 45 degrees, but I sure wasn't far off!  Now I fully understand why so many contestants on other episodes look so winded and exhausted; it's the cold and evil water pit of despair, I tell ya!

I cannot even fully describe to you what it's like to take on the WIPEOUT obstacles.  Everyone should do this!! It is so much fun and FULL OF SURPRISES! Anyway, my "character" on the show was Miss Southern California Regional! I was going to go on the show as just the tough beauty queen, but conveniently enough, I won a new title so the show let me go on with my new crown! :)
That day of filming, they told us that there were 75,000 people that applied for the show, so being picked as a contestant alone was a honor!

Here is my 30 seconds of fame!



No comments:

Post a Comment